Get your Big Oil off your back with a job as a Video Editor / Motion Graphics Designer at the years project in (Fully Remote, USA). We're all about using ads to fight greenwashing.
The YEARS Project is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, Emmy award-winning climate media company focused on educating and engaging audiences to take action to protect our planet. We are seeking a talented, creative video editor/motion graphics designer to join our team.
- You’ll work closely with Writers and Producers to edit video and design motion graphics, primarily using Adobe Premiere and After Effects.
- You’ll source video and other assets to fulfill the visual and audio requirements of the project.
- Videos will be in a mix of styles -- some heavily reliant on text-on-screen, others narrated with no text, others with a presenter and a mix of text.
- You’ll help design and edit videos to be informative, provocative, emotional and above all ... shareable.
- These videos will be optimized for social media, and very often will be made in a square(1:1), portrait(4:5) and/or vertical(9:16) format.
The ideal candidate will have the following skillset:
- Adobe Suite (Premiere, After Effects, Media Encoder [Photoshop and Illustrator are a plus])
- Visual storytelling, animation and data visualization skills.
- Able to use keyframe animation, vectors, and masks in unison.
- Able to design based on visual reference or written descriptions.
- Able to do color correction and sound mixing
- Able to navigate stock footage subscription sites
- Able to troubleshoot and research in Adobe suite, footage archive, etc., when needed.
- Resourceful, creative and able to collaborate.
Visual Effects experience is a plus. This includes camera tracking, rotoscoping, keying and compositing.
The YEARS Project values diversity in all its forms and is committed to inclusive and transparent recruitment, hiring and promotion processes. Candidates of diverse backgrounds and lived experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and portfolio with your application via this form: https://airtable.com/shrx1vVZO99k9VsEk.
Job Post Linkhttps://payments.workingnotworking.com/unjobboard/13349-the-years-project-video-editor-motion-graphics-designer
Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects
March 14, 2023 (Originally posted March 13, 2023)
Budget Pay Range
$65,000 - $75,000 Annually
- Retirement Plan
- Generous Vacation
- Medical Benefits
The YEARS Project is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The YEARS Project's work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.